WCSU-FM Diversity Statement
WCSU recognizes that a diverse workforce including management contribute greatly to our knowledge and understanding of the Wilberforce, Ohio community and to our ability to deliver content and services that will help us attract, grow and engage audiences and help them to achieve their full potential. We endeavor to recruit fro a wide range of candidates enabling us to hire and promote qualified candidates with a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
WCSU will continue to explore opportunities for achieving and promoting this diversity and evaluate our success. This means WCSU will always meet the standards of federal and state law, Central State University’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Diversity Eligibility Criteria.
WCSU-FM Diversity Policy
WCSU a minority owned and operated radio station located in Wilberforce, University on the campus of Historically Black College/University (HBCU) Central State University strives to ascertain that its staff, volunteers are reflective of the population it serves. Additionally, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s (CPB) Diversity Eligibility Criteria requires public media organizations to adopt formal goals for diversity and to report annual steps taken towards those goals. These actions are required for all stations receiving Community Service Grants funds (CSG).
Currently the station has:
- Paid professional staff: (4 full time staff 1 Vacant, 1 Part time) 5 African American males
- Volunteer Staff: (1) 1 male
- Interns: (2) 2 African- American females
- Licensee Board: (9) 1 female, 6 males, 1 vacant
- University President: female
To that end WCSU has set the following diversity goals (2016-17):
- To recruit and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of our service area.
- To provide equal opportunity in employment.
- To educate management and staff in best practices for maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment for all persons.
- To assist in developing a more diverse future workforce with professional skills in broadcasting/media industry by recruiting diverse candidates for WCSU internship opportunities.
For more information on WCSU’s EEO Outreach and Activities please visit the station’s EEO report at http://wcsufm.org/eeo-report